An unusual week

 Well, when Texas does something, Texas does it big! Monday, we lost power around 
2 am and it didn't come back on for 75 hours. By Wednesday water pipes had broken around Galveston and other towns and the boil water order was set in place. Hubby, Tom and Tracy went propane hunting Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, praise God they found propane all those days. “God is good, a hiding place in tough times.” Nahum 1:7a (Message) Hubby reminded me that He is in control and that we will get through all of this. It is good to be in community with others who believe, that way they can strengthen you when times are tough. I know that all of Texas, and other states, have been dealing with crazy weather and yet God is still in control and He knew this would happen. We just have to cling to Him and others as we walk through the storms of life.


My word of the year is steadfast, and God has also had to remind me this past week that steadfast was my word for the year. Cling to Him, He has us in the palms of His hands. He is powerful and patient. What is crazy is that today you can't even tell we had freezing rain, thunder and snow. It is beautiful and sunny. Hardly a windy day here in Galveston and that is also amazing! 


Life can throw us curve balls at any time, it could be weather, our health, a relationship or any kind of brokenness. I am at peace knowing that God already knows what is going to happen and we can rest in that truth. I feel stronger going through this crazy time in an RV and knowing that He is in control and I can rest in Him. Still, I take solace in Nahum 1:7 (NASB), "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knows those who take refuge in Him." Let's see what this week holds, I look forward to sharing it with you.

God, the RV & me...
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks