Big Sky Country Part 1

Happy Memorial Day weekend! We appreciate all who gave the ultimate sacrifice and their families who lost their loved ones!! 

We left Wyoming and all its beauty to come to Montana and see all its beauty! I know why they call it "Big Sky Country" the sky goes on forever. God is so amazing! Here is the last picture of Wyoming for 2021.


Montana is a fickle state with weather, that is for sure. Although this year, weather has been crazy all over America! We have had some beautiful days and then days of rain and even a little bit of hail. We are currently staying at Bear Canyon Campground it is truly beautiful!




"From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3 (NASB)


Tuesday, Hubby and I went to the American Computer and Robotics Museum. It was incredible to see how much progress has happened just over the past 30 years. We are currently watching Big Bang Theory at night and some of it I don't understand but going to that museum cleared up some things. I didn't know that computers only understand 0's and 1's and how binary worked. So, I had to take a picture of the binary code. I think I might try to learn the alphabet. 



Thursday, we went to Montana Grizzly Bear Encounter and saw a 7-year-old brown bear named Bella. She was so much fun to watch, and she was rescued as a young cub from Alaska. The Encounter currently has 4 bears, Stella is the oldest at age 34, Max is the youngest at age 2. Maggie was recused from being kept in a small cage and was in bad shape when she was brought to them, as well as Stella. They do a "bear talk" and share with you what to do and what not to do if you are hiking and encounter a bear. Was a neat place to go and learn.




Friday, we went to Museum of the Rockies and saw a lot of dinosaur bones and saw a video in the Planetarian about the twin Voyager satellites that took amazing pictures of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. It was a crazy voyage, that started in 1977 and finally reached Neptune in 1989. We then took a drive to Butte and ate at the Pekin Noodle Parlor, the oldest continuously operating Chinese restaurant in America, opening its doors for food in 1911. You would think that would be in San Francisco or New York City, nope, it's here in Butte. It was recommended from the Road Trip book. I am SO enjoying this book, thank you, Fonda! I can't wait for Idaho, 7 restaurants in Coeur d’Alene are in the book.





We had a relaxing day on Saturday, did some hiking and just enjoyed Montana. I am glad that we are here for 2 weeks! More next Sunday!


If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...









Comments

  1. So glad to hear that the Pekin Noodle Parlor was worth the trip. Now I want Chinese!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks