The journey begins...

From the time I can remember, camping was not really my thing.  We went at least one time when I was little, it seemed fun at the time, but then growing up I wasn’t a fan of sweating, dirt or bugs.  In my 30’s I volunteered in AWANA’s (a Christian type of Girl Scouts).  We took the girls camping on two different occasions and it was there I made my vow - camping, for me, would be a Holiday Inn Express.  My husband would dream of a little trailer and once we even looked at them, but I made my stand - Holiday Inn Express for me.  


It wasn’t until I was in my 50’s that I changed my mind.  It was the year we kept two of our grandsons.  They lived with us for a school year, one went to fourth grade and the other to first grade.  It was June and time to meet up with the rest of the family, so we drove half way.  Ended up in Mobile, AL.  Stayed for a couple of days and after that I knew we either needed a vacation home, to rent a house or, you guessed it, an RV.  After talking with friends (full time RVers) I decided it was time to at least look at some online.  


One day I sent some pictures to my husband of an RV that I liked.  He thought someone had hacked my email.  From there the fever had caught, I wanted an RV.  My husband looked, read reviews, found the brand he wanted and we started the journey of finding the perfect RV for us.  


We made sure our truck was going to work pulling a rig, well, don’t you know we had to upgrade.  So in the TX heat we looked through rigs one after the other, and I had sweat everywhere.  Yes, sweat!  We saw a few we really liked, but settled on a smaller one just to see if we were going to even like this new adventure.   And there it was in 2018 we became RVers.  


It was fun, our first time camping was in our front yard, someone had suggested that, it was great because if we needed anything we could just come into the house and get it.  I went a little crazy on Amazon buying what we needed for our new rig.  Oh, how fun.  Then we started thinking about going full time, my husband can work anywhere we have internet.  So, you guessed it, a little less than a year later and we upgraded to a new rig - a fifth-wheel.  One where we had enough room and where he could work.  


Now as we talk about going full time the adventure becomes more exciting!  Praying through what that looks like for me.  How will God use me in this new adventure?  What plans does He have for me?  How can I come alongside women who are hurt or wounded like I do now at work?  I am walking along that with Him, seeing where He is at work and desiring to join Him there.  It is a great adventure and I want to share this with you.  Join me as my hubby and I seek after the heart of God and see where He will take us.


God, the RV & me...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks