Hot in Corpus Christi

 So, Corpus Christi is a bit hot at the moment, but we do enjoy it when the sun goes down.  Crazy heat index - ahhhh 118 degrees - that is wild!  Hubby had his appointment with the dentist and all is well with him, so that is good.  We are enjoying the time together and I am really seeing the RV travel life is for me.  Hard to go back home - ready for a new adventure. 

We were able to go to Kingsville for a little bit on Saturday.  Hubby was born there and really never lived anywhere else until he moved to Houston.  My mother-in-law passed away 4 years ago and we were able to visit her grave, as well as my brother-in-law who passed in 2018.  We also had a nice visit with my father-in-law at the house, we were able to have some time with him.  Life is SO precious for sure!  

At this moment I am thinking about what type of legacy I am leaving for my children and grandchildren.  My mother-in-law was amazing.  Never said a bad thing to say about anyone.  Was more of a listener, also gave good advice.  She raised 6 children - 5 boys and a daughter.  A beautiful legacy for sure.  Let me just say, I miss her!!

Something about being in South Texas feels homey, not that I have to live here, but that there is a legacy here for me and possibly my children.  Maybe legacy is the wrong word, it is more of a history, a calling me to something.  More of roots - that might be the word.  I am so thankful to the Lord for all He has blessed me with - my husband, children, grandchildren, family and friends!  I can see where blessing could be an amazing legacy, let me ponder on that!

God, the RV & me...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks