The Storm

 Flying home from Idaho, looking out the window of the plane, you could see a rain storm in the distance. What was interesting is that it seemed so far away, but it still effected the plane ride.  I was feeling sleepy until a huge turbulent bump raised me a bit from my chair.  When the pilot says to be buckled up - oh, I will always do that for sure!  Also was wide awake after that!  

What comes to my mind is from this event is that something evil or some battle can feel far off, but it could be right under our feet, it could bump us up out of our chair or sneak beside us and fool us into thinking it is nothing. 

Today, hubby and I started watching a series on Spiritual warfare.  How Paul, in Ephesians 6, tells us that there are things happening in the unseen realm around us.  That we are not really fighting against each other, but against the principalities and forces of our enemy.  So, when we think we are fighting with our spouse, our children, our boss, our friends, our neighbors, or church members it could just be that the enemy is fighting, waging a war against us.  And why not, he comes to steal, kill and destroy, he hates God.  We are created in the image of God.  We are God’s prized possession.  After we accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior, we are going to be with Him when we die.  Does our enemy want that - NO!  He wants us defeated, useless, arguing with others.  He knows what his future is and he wants to stop us from making a difference for our Heavenly Father.  Sharing Jesus with others.

Our world is hurting and broken.  God is always at work and I am praying and asking what that means for me.  Why are children being shot, why do people hate, why do we hurt the ones we love.  What, God, is my part?  What is it that You want me to do?  On my new journey, in the RV, how can I make a difference as hubby and I travel.  I want to be able to reach others for His glory.  I don’t want to be caught off guard, I want to honor and glorify the Lord in whatever He calls me to do.  What about you?

Here are a couple of pictures from that storm.  May His peace that passes all understanding fall upon you and yours.

God, the RV & me... 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks