More about Denver

 Well, the second week of Denver was basically the same as the first week of Denver. It can be summed up in one word SNOW! Let's see, hubby and I were in Denver for 13 days and it snowed for 10 of them. I had so many dreams of exploring and hiking all over the Denver area and well, I guess next time we come here it will have to be in June. Funny, from December 30th until leaving Denver, we have spent more time in the snow than our entire marriage of almost 34 years. I have also worn my snow boots, which I purchased in New York 13 years ago, more than all those 13 years combined.


Now, April 18th it was one of those days without snow, that was fantastic because we went to church. We went to Southeast Christian Church and saw Chris and Chrissy Bullard. Chris and I worked together at TheMET church in Houston for a little over 4 years. He was the Small Groups Pastor, and I was the Women's Small Group Director. We worked hard and hopefully our Small Group Leaders and Members felt the love we poured into the ministry. It was great to see them at church and then later that day for dinner. I love it when it feels like no time has passed by, but it had been almost year since I had seen them. The drive to church was beautiful as well.




I wanted to get together with Chris and Chrissy again so that we could have a picture with her, but we will do that next time. 
 
I went to Arvada, CO to get a new rear window for the truck (that story will be in my four month of RVing blog) and was able to see friends, Arron and Laura Foote. Man, we calculated that we haven't seen each other in like 23 years. They have made a home in CO, raised 3 boys (who are all now married) and have been able to hike, kayak, ski and all other fun sort of things living here. They have even been to England, Scotland and Ireland, and I was able to hear great stories from them. We had a great time catching up and it was so sweet of them to not make me wait 5 and a half hours at Safelite for the window to be fixed. Sorry, I should have taken a picture. 
 
God tells us in Psalm 133:1, "Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity."(ESV) and I feel this past week hubby and I have been able to dwell in unity with good friends!
 
So, Friday was our last night here. We had some snow during the day, but the time date night arrived it was a wonderful evening. Our friend, Fonda Goode, gave us a book entitled "Road Food". This couple drives across America and writes about "off the beaten path" places to eat. Denver has four restaurants that they wrote about and we chose to go to La Fogata, which in Spanish means bonfire. It was a nice place; we had a fun time, and it was nice to have our last night in Denver not hunkered down in the RV. On the way home we saw some beautiful clouds, elk that thought they just needed to get to the other side of the road, (good luck little buddies) and a beautiful moon when we stopped to get diesel.




 

Saturday, we stayed at the Pine Bluffs Distilling in Pine Bluff, WY and Sunday we will arrive in Hot Springs, SD where we are staying at the Hot Spring, SD/Black Hills KOA, more about that adventure next time.

 

Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...






 

 
















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks