Hermosa/Rapid City, SD

Warning...this post contains a lot of pictures (again). Hope you enjoy! 

Heartland RV Park in Hermosa, SD was our home for almost 2-weeks. We enjoyed it there, also had some crazy weather. Last Thursday night it rained with a mix of hail and a wind gust of 49 miles per hour. Thank the Lord it wasn't worse, it did drop the temperature for Friday though. We also did some sight-seeing in those 2-weeks and that was a lot of fun. So, if you are ready, hang on to your seat, here come the pictures!
The sky and land are just so beautiful in SD, God is just so creative. He gave us a beautiful rainbow to see while Gus and I were out for a walk. "And He was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardis in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, like an emerald in appearance." Revelation 4:3 (NASB).


We found a drive through park where we saw elk, reindeer, bears, big horn sheep, lynx and many other animals. Here are just a few pictures of us at Bear Country USA. If you are ever in Rapid City, I recommend going. 





Custer State Park is very beautiful with lots to see and scary tunnels to drive through. Just glad we weren't "that" guy stuck in a tunnel. There are different animals to see at the park, mostly we saw bison. Let's just say this is the year of the bison for us. I didn't post any pictures of them; I figure I have already shown you a lot. I did get a good picture of a pronghorn, they look cool, and are the fastest running animal on this continent.


 




Iron Tunnel (9 feet wide and 11.4 tall)


Needle's Eye Tunnel (8.4 feet wide and 11.3 feet tall)


Cathedral Spires

We also saw Mount Rushmore. We probably would never have taken the opportunity to see this amazing work of art, if we hadn't been full time RVing.



If you thought driving through those tunnels were crazy, well, the next thing we did was a helicopter tour. Hubby has been on a couple of tours before, but this was my first time. He was going to let me sit in the front seat, but I went ahead and sat in the back and was very thankful as my window view was smaller. It was crazy when we were flying into the wind and I will let you know, I was praying. I am thankful that I went, we were able to see Mount Rushmore, the Cathedral Spires, the Fire Watch Tower, Crazy Horse and so much more from the air. It was so cool to see all of this from a different perspective.







Hubby took a half a day off so we could become residents of SD, but we also took in a beautiful place named Chapel in the Hills. Our new RV neighbors had seen it the day before and so I thought it would be fun. It is a replica of a chapel that was built in 1108 in Norway. It holds 40 people, and many people get married there. It was also so cool to go on the prayer walk. There was a guided prayer paper that you could use to stop and pray. It was a blessing to see, and the volunteers were amazing and full of information. I can't believe it was just right there in Rapid City.








We headed out to WY on Saturday to spend one night at a KOA (Kampgrounds of America) and then ended up in Bozeman, MT. We will stay here for 2-weeks and then head to ID for the month of June. Can't wait to show you more pictures. Hope you are enjoying the sites. 

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!

Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks