Idaho - Part 1

 Welcome to Idaho! It is another state of God's beautiful display of His handiwork. This week has been full of family, eating and playing cards. 


Lake Coeur d'Alene is beautiful, it spans 25 miles in length and ranges from 1 to 3 miles wide with over 109 miles of shoreline. The max depth is 220 feet, there are even shipwrecked boats at the bottom that no one can salvage out of the lake. This is our first view of the lake. "let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water." Hebrews 10:22 (NIV)


Last Sunday night we ate at our first "Road Food" book suggestion with my mom, Nancy, and her husband, Dave. Wolf Lodge was fun, uniquely decorated and had amazing food. Hubby and I shared steak and lobster - yum - well, he had the steak and I had the lobster. That's how we roll. 


Monday, we had dinner at my mom's along with my brother and his family. We had a very nice time and some lively conversation. Mom worked hard and made an excellent meal. Tuesday, we ate at Fishermen's Market. This was recommended by my good friend, Lisa, as well as the "Road Food" book. 


Wednesday was a fun day. Mom and I went shopping (always fun) and then Hubby, Mom, Dave and I went to the Farmer's Market in downtown Coeur d'Alene. I had a great time seeing all the booths set up and looking at all the produce and homemade bread. After walking around and looking at all the booths we went to Iron Horse restaurant and had dinner. It was a good day. Thursday was another family dinner where Mom made Clam Chowder soup for us. Hubby doesn't like Clam Chowder, so my mom spoiled him with a huge steak, he was happy for sure. Friday, we met up with mom and Dave for lunch at Jimmy's Down the Street. This restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch only, it is 50's diner themed, where the staff dresses up in 50's clothing complete with pearls. Guy Fieri went their for the pecan rolls, this aired on his show, "Diners, Drive-In's and Dives". It was very tasty and recommended by the "Road Food" book. Hubby and I were not sure where it was located, parked where we knew we could find a spot and then walked almost a mile to get there. Let's just say that on Friday I totally had all my steps completed. And yes, I got my haircut. It was about time!


We also did some sight-seeing downtown on Friday and had our second look at the lake. This picture is of the beautiful falls at the park by the lake. I also met a very nice woman while I was walking Gus around the RV park. She was in need of quarters, I wasn't sure I still had any because of the washer we installed in March, but I did and that was good for her. I am enjoying meeting different women where we stay and sharing life with them.


Saturday, we went out on Lake Coeur d'Alene on a beautiful boat that Dave's friend let us borrow. Nice weather, fun time with family and the amazing lake. Face is a little red, but that is ok, I will live. There was also a house that had a Bob's Big Boy statue in the yard. The picture is a little blurry, we were far away. It was just so cute I needed a photo. So sad that we couldn't go into the yard so I could have a photo with him.





Stayed tuned for part two next Sunday. Hubby has two days off and we will sight see.

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...








Comments

  1. I believe this is the week we met you guys while walking around Tamarack. Thank-you for inviting me to read your blog. I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so happy to see y’all enjoying the ‘Road Food’ adventures. Enjoy your time with family and let’s talk soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks