Idaho - Part 3

Idaho is certainly beautiful and certainly different from Hockley, Texas. It has been hot here, but if you go into the shade, it is nice, especially with a little breeze. At least I am not cold any longer, the snow, hail and freezing temps are gone. In Idaho part 1 we tackled 3 out of 7 Road Food restaurants and this past week, we tackled 3 more! Hubby and I had a brunch at Garnet's Cafe. Fun fact, garnet is the state gem of Idaho.



After brunch we drove around to see Fernan Lake. Hubby was told it is a nice place to fish from the shore. Mainly there are trout in the lake, and we saw people fishing anywhere they could. It was a nice drive and we also stopped at the Lilly Pad Lake. Not sure what lurks beneath, but it was sort of scary; sure, wouldn't want the creature from the Black Lagoon to come out!


Mom, Dave, Hilda, Steve, hubby and I went to Meltz another Road Food suggestion. If you want extreme grilled cheese this is the place for you! I enjoyed eating a Cubano grilled cheese sandwich with Mac & Cheese soup. Let's just say, I couldn't eat it all, so creamy but delicious.


After Meltz we played pickle ball with Hilda and Steve, a nice way to work off those cheesy calories! I really enjoy playing and Albert and I will keep on playing so we might be able to beat Steve and Hilda!


We met a couple in the Corpus Christi KOA in 2020 and have kept in contact with them, they were here with us last week at the RV Park and we had a nice time. We all went to Hudson's Hamburgers which opened in 1907 and is still going strong. It was fun to eat with the locals who know the place and to find out more about the area. Steve, the owner, was behind the grill and cooking up delicious hamburgers. They only serve hamburgers, cheeseburgers, an egg sandwich or ham and egg sandwich. No fries, chips or any sides. Oh, but they do have pie. Road Food wins again!


We also went with them on a cruise around Lake Coeur d'Alene and saw God's amazing creation. The boat could hold over 400 people, so it was big, and the captain and crew took turns talking about the lake and it’s history. The lake is a steamboat graveyard for sure. They used to do a lot of logging and they needed the steamboats to help with that, then they let them rot and sink or sunk them. 
 


I am enjoying our month here and can't believe it is almost over. We did some more site seeing, and I will share that with you in part 4. Here is a picture of the place where we are staying. "Then shall the trees of the forest sing for joy before the Lord, for He comes to judge the earth. 1 Chronicles 16:33 (ESV)



If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...






Comments

  1. Extreme grilled cheese sounds delicious! I’m a little jealous of your adventures this week as Jim and I are working to get the Creekhouse ready for the 4th. We will certainly miss you and Albert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. So happy I found your blog Stacie!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks