Idaho - part 4

Happy 4th of July! I hope this day will remind you of the amazing America we live in. What we have been through, how hard our forefathers fought for freedom and that God is in control!

So, last blog I told you about the sight-seeing we were going to do, Idaho thought it would be better to have a historic heat wave, so we went to my mom's and played cards, ate dinner, talked and laughed throughout last week. We have been playing Negative 5, a game that Tom and Tracy taught us. Then we changed it up and played 5 Crowns, a game that Fonda taught me. So much fun, I had to go and buy it on Amazon.  My mom just ordered the card game as well!


We also had a project for my mom (like always), she sewed some sunscreens for us so we (meaning hubby) could put them up to help keep the RV cooler. They sure came in handy with this crazy weather. I am so grateful for her many talents, one of them being sewing! Thanks Mom! You ROCK!




Hubby also wanted a cover for his ladder so that when it was against the RV it wouldn't scratch it and the wind wouldn't blow it off, mom fixed that for him as well. She also made me a Halloween and Thanksgiving tablecloth. I still love to decorate, and it is fun to have a pretty table for the month. Here is what 4th of July looks like. The screen on the left is hubby's new weather station that he got for Father's Day.


I totally felt like we have eaten our way through Coeur d'Alene. We made it to 6 out of the 7 restaurants that the "Road Food" book suggested. The 7th place is only open for breakfast and lunch, so we didn't quite make it there - next visit here we will need to go. 
 
Hubby's birthday was July 2nd and Dave's was July 3rd, so Mom, Dave, Hilda, Hubby and I went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. It was a nice evening. I truly can't believe our time in Idaho is over, my how the month flew by! 
 
We spent one night in Pasco, WA at a KOA, we were going to stay at a Harvest Host location, but without hook-ups it would have been way to hot! Sunday, we are staying at the Harvest Host location "SakeOne". I will have pictures on my next blog.

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks