Junction City, Oregon

 What can I say about Oregon, it is lovely, and the weather has been amazing! We enjoying our friends (Tom and Tracy) and Gus is able to play with his friend, Buster. After they are done playing, well, let's just say Gus needs a break. Poor old man!


Hubby and I explored many beautiful birds that live at the Cascades Raptor Center here in Eugene, Oregon. They take birds that need rehabilitation and help them live a good life. Some were injured by powerlines, or hit by a car, or were raised by families and those birds don't realize that they are birds, they are so comfortable with people. They also take the birds into schools and use them to teach students about safety, bird life and such. Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.







Fun fact, the University of Oregon was where they filmed the movie “Animal House” and it is in Eugene. We drove by some of the nice houses by the University on our way to the Lane County Fair. Good food, fun things to look, fun times with Tom and Tracy. 
 
We also toured a very interesting museum in McMinnville, Oregon, the Everygreen Aviation and Space Museum and saw many Navy, Air Force and Army planes, helicopters, and the Spruce Goose. It was very interesting. Found out that the Blue Angles had a show in 1963 at the Lemoore Navy base, and they spelled Lemoore wrong, it was Lenmoore, so of course I had to show someone that it was wrong. They knew and the guy that made the sign is working to fix it. By the way, Lemoore, California is where I lived from 7th grade until I graduated from High School. Also a few years after that. I also saw an amazing set up for the POW's and MIA's.



The white tablecloth draped over the table represents the purity of their response to our country's call to arms. The empty chair depicts an unknown face, representing no specific Soldier. The table itself is round to show that our concern for them is never ending. The Bible represents faith in a higher power and the pledge to our country, founded as one nation under God. The black napkin stands for the emptiness these warriors have left in the hearts of their families and friends. A Purple Heart medal can be pinned to the napkin. The single red rose reminds us of their families and loved ones. The red ribbon represents the love of our country, which inspired them to answer the nation's call. The yellow candle and its yellow ribbon symbolized the everlasting hope for a joyous reunion with those yet accounted for. The slices of lemon on the bread plate reminds us of their bitter fate. The salt upon the bread plate represents the tears of their families and the wine glass, turned upside down, reminds us that our distinguished comrades cannot be with us to drink a toast or join in the festivities of the evening.

After visiting the museum, we drove to Newport, Oregon to eat at a "Road Food" book restaurant. Newport is a coastal town and a lot of people where there. The restaurant was ok, this is the first time I wasn't as impressed as the other places. One reason, I think, is that Oregon is trying to get people to come back to work and we waited about 20 minutes for someone to take our order. If you know me, you know I don't like confrontation, well, I actually got up and told someone how long we have been waiting. Our server came shortly after that.   


Hubby's friend from college told us of a pizza place that reminded him of the Pizza Parlor in Kingsville, TX. That is where hubby was born and grew up there. So, we gathered up the troops and headed to Corvallis, Oregon to try it out. It was very tasty, and everyone enjoyed what they ordered. I ordered an 8-inch pizza that looked like a 12-inch pizza, so I bought the rest home and the next day had a slice for breakfast. Yum!


So, now I will share an embarrassing moment that happened in Junction City, Tom, Tracy, hubby and I were riding our bikes and I fell. We had stopped because one person took a turn and the rest of us went straight. So, I stopped and got off the bike seat. Well, all of the sudden in my head I was saying, I am going to fall. Well, I did. It was like slow motion and the craziest thing ever. Let's just say, my knees were not happy. So many bruises! "And Jehovah is a tower for the bruised, A tower for times of adversity." Psalm 9:9 (Youngs Literal Translation)

As you are reading this, we are currently staying at the Mount Shasta KOA. We will be here for a week. I will give you all the details in my next blog.


If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...











 



















  

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks