On the Road Again - Washington and a little taste of Oregon

God is definitely taking us on an amazing journey! I can't believe how beautiful the USA is! We stayed one night in WA and even tried Mexican food; it was ok. Needed more flavor, I would say, use cumin! The "hot" salsa was good, and I wanted to try their queso, but they didn't even have it on the menu, strange.



Next, we headed to Oregon. It was a beautiful drive, and we were actually in Oregon, but could see Washington. The river that separates the states is called the Columbia. For its first approximately 150 miles in the United States, the Columbia forms the reservoir behind Grand Coulee Dam. The river then bends west, south and east through central Washington, turns south and then west, and forms the border between Oregon and Washington to the Pacific Ocean.

 



We were also able to see Mount Saint Helen on this drive. We weren't sure if there was a cloud covering it, snow still on top or someone mentioned that it was volcano ash. What do you see?


Making our way to our Harvest Host site, we went through Portland. Sad to see how much graffiti and a homeless were there, breaks my heart and to be completely honest, it scared me. "You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah." Psalm 32:7 (NASB1995) We spent one night at SakéOne. It is a cute little place that makes Saké and has some pretty good snacks. They server that waited on us knew a lot about the Saké and it was very interesting to hear all about it.


From SakéOne we headed south on HWY 101, now that was a beautiful drive, but also a lot of curves. Here are a few pictures of the scenery.





It is very strange to me to see forest and the ocean at the same time, but the Emerald Coast has that beautiful view. There is even a National Dune Recreational area. Who knew trees could grow like that in the sand?


Coos Bay, OR was cool and windy, but enjoying the views and fun. We are next to some friends that we met about a year ago at the Corpus Christi KOA. It has been fun visiting with them. We even went to a farmer's market and found some good produce to purchase. This week has been a blessing. Next blog post we will still be in Oregon visiting with Tom and Tracy (friends of mine from high school). This picture is our site at Bays Point Landing.


If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks