Home town - Lemoore, CA

 It is so interesting coming back to my hometown of Lemoore, California. Lemoore was a quiet community with farmers and the Navy base and now, can I just say, we have way more than just one stoplight! The house I grew up in, well, from 7th grade until college (the longest place I have ever lived as a child) looks SO small, it was so big back then. It is also funny because every place we went, I would look to see if I knew someone, didn't happen. It is hot in the valley and very dry! California needs prayer for sure. It is on fire, best I can tell there are 15 active fires happening right now. Makes my heart sad. The beautiful state that I loved and never wanted to leave, is awful. Drought, fires, mud slides and crazy politics. "The Lord's curse is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the dwelling of the righteous." Proverbs 3:33 (ESV)

This is the sun. It is red and you can look straight at it because of all the smoke in the air.

All that being said, hubby and I had a great time visiting with family and friends. As we were traveling from northern California to central California, we were able to stop in Stockton and visit with some friends. It was so good to see them. I first met Guy when I was in high school. Hubby and I were fortunate to meet his wife about ten years ago, she is a sweetheart. I am glad that we were able to stop for about 20 minutes and visit. Ahhhh, the way of the full time RVer is amazing!

Hubby, Karen, Guy and me.

When we arrived in Lemoore and after we set up, we went to see my dad. Connie had an emergency with her son, Robert. She went to Las Vegas to be with him in the hospital. Hubby and I were determined to keep my dad in one piece until she came back home. He recently had shoulder surgery and isn't able to use his right arm. Hopefully when he sees the doctor on the 26th, he will start physical therapy and have use of it again.

He is not a fan of having his picture taken, but he behaved for me.

We were also able to see friends. James and Robyn are building a house and moving to Texas. They are ready to leave California, but they also have two daughters and five grandchildren in Texas. They can't wait and we hope to meet up with them again in December when we will be back in Texas, and they will have moved in.

James and I went to high school together.

We also saw friends that were first friends of my parents and now our friends as well. At first Ron was my Jr High principal. I must confess, I did get sent to his office, what was my infraction??? Chewing gum. I got caught. Yes, I was such a bad person. Ron and Julie have been a part of my life since 7th grade, I cleaned their house when I was in high school. It has been fun sending and receiving Christmas cards with them. Friendships can last over 45 years. 


Hubby, me, Julie and Ron. Ron turned 80 this year, but still plays tennis.

Had a fun time Friday night, went to dinner with family, Tachi Palace and gambled a little bit, saw a track friend of mine and made memories. Next May is my 40th high school reunion, where does the time go? 

Robert, Dad, Connie, me and hubby!

Next time you read my post; we will be in Southern California. It will be nice to be able to spend time with my cousin, Julie, her folks and my Uncle George and Aunt Anne. Can't wait to share with you. Good-bye from the dust bowl!
 
If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...

 








 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks