San Diego Part 3

 "I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don't really remember yesterday that well." (Dory - Ellen DeGeneres - Finding Dory). It has been hard of keeping track on where we are and what we have done. We have a digital frame where we can upload pictures and video to it, well, I started being more descriptive on there, the places we have seen and where we have been, because it is harder to remember what day it is, let alone what city we have traveled to. Life on the road has its advantages as well as its disadvantages. Thank goodness I take daily vitamins in a weekly container so I can remember what day of the week it is. 

Last weekend hubby had "Guy's Weekend", I stayed home at night because of the dog, but Gus had a play date last Saturday, so I was able to stay with hubby. It was nice to have a little freedom from taking care of a dog. Not sure if I will get another one after Gus has gone to doggie heaven. 

Gus spent the night at Ernie and Del's. He had a great time!

San Diego is an amazing place with lots to do and see. We are staying northwest of San Diego in Santee, CA. The RV resort is called Santee Lakes and it has seven man-made lakes that they stock with fish. It is a nice place, but our phones don't really like it here. Verizon needs to put in a few more towers.


I am loving the clouds in the sky. We also had some rain on Friday. It was nice and light and made it cooler. We had planned on going to Old Town, but we went Saturday afternoon instead.


Saturday morning, we went to the Lions Club pancake breakfast. It is so nice to be able to support like-minded causes. They were raising money for the boys and girls club. Also, when they couldn't fix breakfast due to covid, they fed the homeless.



Saturday afternoon we went to Old Town. I truly love going there, not sure what draws me there, but I want to go every time we are here; just like I want to go to Seaport Village. Fun Fact: On November 10, 1602, Captain Sebastian Vizcaino anchored three ships on this date as he sailed to Monterey. Two days later he and his men stepped ashore opposite the site of Old Town. Three Carmelite Fathers were with him, and they offered up holy Mass for the first time in the history of California. There was a feast day of Saint Didacus (San Diego). As a result, Vizcaino renamed the location San Diego. He then sailed on and there was no further contact with San Diego for nearly 167 years.





La casa de Estudillo established in 1829 and listed as a National Historic Landmark in 1970.

They had an altar in their home, the first church built in San Diego was in 1858. Traveling priests would 
baptize, marry and perform memorial services in the Estudillo's home until the church was built.

The Estdullio's courtyard.



Oldest brick structure in Southern California. Built by Mr. Whaley in 1856-57. 
It also served as a store, school house, courthouse and the first movie theater in the area.

Later that day, we went to Ocean Beach and had dinner with Ernie and Del. We went to the Blue Water Seafood restaurant, it was yummy! Hubby and I shared scallops. Ocean Beach has some very interesting characters, but we still had a fun time.


"O Lord God of hosts, who is like You, O mighty Lord? Your faithfulness also surrounds You. 
You rule the swelling of the sea; when its waves rise, You still them." Psalm 89:8-9 (NASB)

Today, we will meet up with my cousin Tim and his family for brunch. Love going to brunch. We will also show them our "home on wheels". I am excited for them to see the rig.

I also started a project on each state that we have visited and will tell you more about that next time!

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks