So Cal - week 2

First, I want to say Happy Anniversary to my most amazing hubby! We celebrated 34 years on September 2, 2021. I can't imagine my life without him. Also, we are blessed to have 3 children, 4 grandchildren and 2 wonderful sons-in-law. I truly am a blessed woman, thank You, Lord, for all that You have given me.


We ate at a wonderful place - Chase's (which is also the name of our youngest grandson).

34 years!

I wanted to show you a few pictures of The Huntington Library, Art Museum and Botanical Gardens. It was fun, and we enjoyed seeing the gardens. It was hot though and wanted to find shade or go into a museum when we could. Fun fact: The Huntington is situated on 207 acres in San Marino, California. There are 130 acres that are maintained as botanical gardens for public enjoyment. 



Chinese Garden


Japanese Garden

Rose Garden
Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. Luke 12:27 (NASB 1995)

Diana of Versailles, 1648 - Copies an ancient marble sculpture formerly in the Vatican, Rome, 
now in the Louvre, Paris, France.

Love, Captive of Youth, Large scale copy of a Sèvres porcelain figure created in 1797.

After our adventures at The Huntington, we headed out to Torrance, California to meet up with one of hubby's co-workers and his family. It was amazing to travel less than an hour and find it 20 degrees cooler. We were ahead of schedule, so we stopped at another garden, a beer garden. We sat outside and enjoyed the cooler weather and a couple of cold ones. Not only had we eaten Chinese food at The Huntington, but also in Torrance. It both places were good. We enjoyed the company of Kha Tran and his family.

I have truly enjoyed our time in San Dimas. We were able to see family, enjoy wonderful views, and sunsets. It has also been fun walking Gus, although he did scare a squirrel. That was funny, the squirrel was a little nervous that we were walking by him.




We head out today for Santee Lakes close to San Diego. We will stay at the RV park a little over a month. More visits with friends and family. Can't wait to share all of it with you.
 
If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks