West Texas

Hubby and I had a most interesting time driving from Las Cruses, New Mexico to Fort Stockton, Texas. A five-hour trip took us eight hours. Why you ask? Well, because of this...

Thank the Lord that we have road side assistance, 
hubby couldn't get off the last lug nut to fix it.

We stayed one night in Fort Stockton and then headed out to Dad and Connie's place in Iraan, Texas. It was nice and we had a good time visiting with them. Tuesday, we headed out to San Antonio, Texas and are really enjoying this KOA (Kamp Grounds of America).


Dad and Connie's ranch in Iraan, TX.


Hubby was able to put out all my pretty stuff, this ground is a 
lot softer than the desert places we have stayed.

We have ducks at the KOA!

Wednesday, we ventured out and had an early dinner on the River Walk. I really enjoy being there and walking around. It is so cute and so many shops and places to eat. Hubby and I shared fajitas; they were good! 

Should have taken a picture of the River Walk, hopefully we will go again.

On Thursday, we met up with my cousin, Brian. He is retired from the Air Force and now owns his own business. He was hit hard during the craziness from these past couple of years but has come through it with flying colors.

Brian and I. Love this guy!

Friday night we went to see hubby's cousins. We had a blast! Hector fixed brisket and we all sat around talking and laughing. It is so nice to be able to see everyone for fun and not a funeral! Love how easy it has been to pick up where we had left off. 


Hubby, Mario, me, Patti (holding Bella), 
Hector and Mari. Love these people!


We made new friends in Las Cruses, and they headed off on Friday for Austin, but we were able to get together on Saturday in Fredericksburg, Texas. What a blast!! We met at a winery, had lunch on Main Street, walked around and I was able to show Carline James Avery. Hubby has created a charm bracelet for me of every state we have stayed in! Fun fact: James Avery started creating jewelry in his two-car garage in 1954.

 

Caroline, Art, me and hubby!

Fredericksburg is ready to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior!

Beautiful sunset on the way home. "They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe 
of Your signs; You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy." Psalm 65:8 (NASB)

During these crazy times, it has been amazing to see family and make new friends. I am enjoying this RV life and living in 400 sq ft isn't that hard. Sometimes we have to do the kitchen shuffle, but I don't mind. I will let you know that I have read more since being on the road than I have in years! God is so good!!!

Round four of my "on the road" project. Here are the state's bird, tree, flower and motto for the next three states where we stayed.

 

*California: California Quail, Redwood, California Poppy, Eureka (Ancient Greek for "I have found it").

 

*Arizona: Cactus Wren, Blue Palo Verde, Saguaro, Ditat Deus (Latin for "God Enriches")

 

*New Mexico: Greater Roadrunner, Pinyon Pine, Yucca flower, Crescit eundo (Latin for "It grows as it goes").  

 

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...

 













 

 


Comments

  1. I’m so happy for you both! What a great experience! Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks