Sugar Hill Resort week 2

 What can I say about this past week? Well, it felt like it was dragging on, but then it was Friday and hubby was able to be done with work for the week. It was nice to have him off from work and we took that opportunity to find another "Road Food" restaurant. Welcome to Bartley's BBQ in Grapevine, Texas. In 1967, when Marvin Bartley, an employee at Burrus Supermarket, convinced Mr. Burrus to build a building on their parking lot on Main Street. Bartley's BBQ opened in 1968. Bartley's remained on Main Street until 1995, when the City of Grapevine purchased the property for the new city hall. They then moved to their current location a block east of Main Street. Hubby and I enjoyed the food, the prices where amazing and we would go back, given the opportunity.

Out for dinner!

The weather here has been a little colder than I was expecting. So not much outside time for me. I don't mind it being cold, but this wind just isn't my thing. Must keep the hair looking good - haha. Hubby did get an amazing picture of a sunset and those beautiful sunsets we have seen a lot in Anna, Texas. God is so creative and amazing giving us a different sunset each night with beautiful colors. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light." Genesis 1:1-3 (NASB).

Look at His beauty! Just loving this!!

So, when we bought the 5th wheel, I asked about the front door and if we had something to keep it open when we just wanted the screen door open. The guy was all, "Oh, these are the heavier doors that will stay open". Well...not so much. It scares me and Gus (our dog), when it slams shut. So, hubby came up with an idea and boy how it is working. Hubby can think outside the box, and he was able to "MacGyver" a solution. He's a keeper! Fun fact: the show MacGyver first aired in 1985 and ran until 1992. Angus MacGyver, a secret agent armed with remarkable scientific resourcefulness to solve almost any problem out in the field using mundane materials at hand. This show ran for seven seasons on ABC. It was a fun show to watch.


Look what you can do with a zip tie and a binder clip!

So, this morning we went out to the gun range, and I was able to do some shooting. I did not grow up shooting guns, even though my dad hunted. More updates on that adventure on my next blog post.
 
If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me... 
 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks