More fun with the grandkids

Since we had Charley and Cody last Thursday and Friday, we picked up Cameron and Chase on Saturday and had them with us until Monday. We had a nice time showing them around the KOA, but on Sunday we went back to Fort McAllister. I wanted to go to Forsyth Park with them, but it was CRAZY time in Savannah because of St. Patrick's Day. We didn't tour the fort but let them play on the playground which also had an exercise area. They had a good time, then we had an early dinner, played Baby Yoda Operation, and then watched The Mandalorian. It was a nice day.

Cameron at the Outlet Mall before Fort McAllister.

Chase on the playground at Fort McAllister.

Cameron working out.

Chase working out.

Before we took the boys back, we had to take a picture with them. Time is so precious, and I am glad we have been able to make memories. 

Hubby, Chase, me and Cameron.

I wish I had as much energy as the boys, I try to keep up with them. I dropped them off on Monday and then got the tour of where they live. They have chickens, pigs, donkeys and goat.

On the farm.

Tara and her family have been having a hard time with coyotes. So, some of the animals have been casualties. Fun fact: The coyotes in Georgia have 30 percent DNA of wolf in them. They are sneaky and very smart. They have been named coywolves and while they are still shy around humans, they aren't to be trusted.

They sort of look pretty, but are very aggressive.

Being a grandparent is truly amazing. I was excited that I could attend their Fun Run Fundraiser while being here. This was at the elementary school, so I was able to see Cody, Cameron and Chase. Tara and I took lunch to Charley, he is in 8th grade. We couldn’t see him, but the food smelled amazing in the car, so I am sure he enjoyed it.

Chase

Every lap Chase made sure we were still there watching him.

Cody and Cameron.

Cody

Cameron

So, on our way to the school we had to go on a dirt road. It is a shorter route. One that I never want to go on again. It had been raining the past two days and this road made me nervous. I could feel the truck sliding a little bit. I am so thankful for four-wheel drive. I turned it on, only drove about 20 miles per hour and boy oh boy did the truck get dirty. Hubby and I went to the car wash, and it was no easy feat for hubby to wash all that dirt off. And if I am being honest, it was a little pricy as well. Twenty dollars later and the mud was basically off.


"He answered, "The Man who is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes,
 and said to me, 'Go to Siloam and wash'; so I went away and washed and I received sight."" John 9:11 (NASB) 

Saturday, we picked up the boys and went to a movie. We had a great time. Later, today, we will go site seeing with some friends that we met in Las Cruses last October. I will share more about that next time.

Hubby, Charley, Cody, Chase and Cameron.
 
If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...







  


 









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks