Last week in Davenport, FL

 What a quiet week we have had. The boys left last Saturday, and hubby and I have had some time to chill. Unfortunately, on Monday, a little bit of rain fell, and it brought with pollen. So, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I had runny eyes and a nose. I was in bed all day Thursday, because that helped nothing to leak down my face. I know, TMI, but hey, that's life in the fast lane. 

So, when we did the trolley ride in Savannah, Georgia, the trolley driver made a comment about Spanish moss. I had to research it myself to see if what he was saying was true. I was amazed to learn that it isn't really moss, but a flowering plant related to pineapples. Fun fact: Spanish moss isn't a parasite, it is an air plant, using trees just for support and making its own food via photosynthesis. The name Spanish moss comes from the Spaniard Conquistadors, the native Americans thought their beards looked like it.

Spanish moss hanging off the oak tree.

Tara and family made a stop on the way home. The boys had fun playing at the beach and exploring St. Augustine Park. They made fun family memories and I am so excited they were able to make a trip to the beach. We had tried to go while we were in Georgia, but it just never worked out. Grandchildren fill a space in your heart that you never knew was empty. "Now this is the commandment, the statues and the judgments which the Lord your God has commanded me to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you are going over to possess it, so that you and your son and your grandson might fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statues and His commandments which I commanded you, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged." Deuteronomy 6:1-2 (NASB)


Cody, Charley, Chase and Cameron.

While I was walking Gus, a pair of dogs started going wild. I am just so glad Gus doesn't do this while we are away. Can you spot the crazy pair in the window?

Crazy dogs, I wouldn't want them to do that in my rig.

Saturday, we left Davenport, Florida to drive an hour to Brooksville, Florida. What a lovely drive and the best part was there was hardly traffic, that's a first since we have been in Florida. In Texas we have the most beautiful Blue Bonnets, not sure of the name of these flowers, but they were just growing alongside the road. So beautiful, made me a little homesick for Texas.

Pretty pinks and purples

We made it to Brooksville, set up the rig and then hubby washed it. It will be a nice week here and then I am so excited because we will start our journey north. I can't wait to be in Tennessee and Kentucky. I was so close to being in Kentucky for the Derby, darn, will have to plan better next time. 


Belle Parc RV Resort.

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...












 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks