Amazing Kentucky

We arrived at the Louisville South KOA and got the RV all settled and made our plans for touring Noah's Ark the following day. 

I almost missed the state sign.

Our site for two weeks.

Sunday, we watched church, got ready to go on our adventure and drove two hours to see the ark. It took Noah and his family 120 years to build the ark. That is also how long God gave his people to repent. "The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love." Psalm 103:8 (ESV). Only Noah and his family survived, and God placed His rainbow in the sky as a pledge to never flood the Earth again. Fun fact: Noah is 600 years old and much has happened while building the ark. His father, Lamech, passed away five years ago, and his grandfather, Methuselah, died in the past year at the age of 969.

The front of Noah's ark.

We were pretty far away, had to be to get it all in the picture.

Closer look at the back of the ark.

That's a little longer than a standard Boeing 747-400 jet airliner.

Noah's prayer to the Lord for safety during the storm.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and open the door,
 I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 (ESV)

Kentucky is very beautiful, and we are enjoying our stay. We have had some rainy days, and I know that God is in control, but I am not a fan. Before the rains came, we were able to go out on a hike and explore more of the KOA. I intended to ask how many acres this KOA is on but haven't been able to do that yet. Hope to have that answer for you on the next blog.


 Us in the Indian Cave.

Opposite side of the cave.

Beautiful sunset.

New state, new information. Hope you are enjoying the blog as you travel vicariously along with us.

*Kentucky: Northern Cardinal (Bird), Tulip Poplar (Tree), Giant Goldenrod (Flower), and "United we stand, divided we fall" (Motto).

Later today, we tour Churchill Downs, our next blog will tell the tale of the famous Kentucky Derby. Don't miss out!!

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.

God, the RV & me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks