Family Time in Idaho

Welcome back to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. We arrived last Sunday and will head out Saturday for Orofino, Idaho. We stayed at a different site this time and are enjoying our visit.
Kootenai County Fairgrounds RV Park.

We spent last Sunday night having dinner at my mom's along with my brother, Steven, and his family. The six of us had a great time playing cards and visiting together. We also had a tour of Steve and Hilda's newly built home. Last year, it wasn't finished. It is beautiful. Monday, we went over to mom's again for dinner and more cards. Tuesday, we had the privilege of seeing Steve and Hilda's boat.. Steve took us out on Lake Coeur d'Alene, and we also ventured down the Spokane River. Mom fixed dinner, so we ate on the boat. It was fun, but I wasn't too excited about going fast, my nephew, Hunter, on the other hand, loved it.

Getting into the boat, we spotted a momma duck and her ducklings.

Hunter riding the tube with a thumbs up, that means, go faster.

Steve and Hunter having fun.

Someone parasailing over Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Wednesday was wonderful as we went downtown to the Farmer's Market. Got there a little early so that we could find parking and walked around. There is a place I like to go called "The Shops". Living in an RV doesn't allow for much weight, so I was able to buy a pair of earrings. That made me happy.

Big foot is here as well.

Just found this random sign.

Lots of people enjoying the Farmer's Market.

They have such beautiful flowers here.

A huge pan of Paella. That is what we had for dinner.

We are starting to get more organized in the RV, yes, it has been over a year and a half, but now we are replacing things to make it more "us". So, we bought a new couch and an ottoman. The ottoman has storage, which is really needed. I took a couple of pictures but am not finished. I just wanted to show you what they look like and then after I am done, you will see the finished living room area. Still need to figure out storage for under hubby's desk. I am sure at some point we will get there.

New couch, very comfy.

The ottoman, I am going to create a huge pillow as a back rest.

Thursday, I had the honor and privilege to cook for the family. I made my own fajita seasoning mix, and it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Marinated beef, chicken and shrimp. Made charro beans, Spanish rice, guacamole, bell peppers and onions. Hubby grilled the beef and chicken while a sautéed the shrimp, bell peppers and onions. It was good to eat Mexican food. Haven't had any since North Dakota.

 

Friday, we went out to Wolf Lodge Inn for dinner, Mom, Dave, Steve, Hilda and hubby. We had a great meal. It was Steve and Hilda's first time to go there, so that was fun sharing the experience with them. If you remember last year when we were here, we ate there as well, it is a "Road Food" book recommendation. 


Wolf Lodge Inn

Me, Steve, Hilda, Mom, Dave and hubby.
 

"Food may be essential as fuel for the body. But good food is fuel for the soul." by Malcom Forbes.

 

"Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger and he who believes in Me will never thirst". John 6:35 (NASB)

 

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.


God, the RV & me...





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks