Montgomery, Texas

We landed in Montgomery, Texas November 12th and it has been wonderful to be back in our old stomping grounds. We will stay at our site until December 3rd and then head to Katy/Brookshire area until January 7th. It has been great seeing 2 out of our 3 children. We will see our first born and grandchildren in April. Can't wait until then!

Our site for the month.

This place is lovely and I wouldn't mind coming back.

Walking from some cabins over the bridge to our site.

We also have ducks.

I was so honored to be asked to be a speaker at TheMet Women's Bible study last Wednesday. Thank you to all who prayed for me. I was nervous, but the Lord took the wheel and I hope what I said made sense. I quoted a statement from Francis Chan that really moved me. He challenges us to be honest with ourselves on how much time we spend praising the Lord, adding that asking for things doesn’t count, and just reading a Scripture doesn’t count. How much time do we spend staring at Him and telling Him how amazing He is? We were God’s enemy, destined to face His wrath and Jesus was tortured on the cross to appease the wrath of God. We must humbly ask ourselves, “Does that truth still move us?” "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us - for it is written, "cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree" - in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."" Galatians 3:13-14 (NASB).

Catherine Martinez - Women's Ministry
 and Small Group Director

Some of the Lovely Ladies of the Lord!

Here I am. I didn't want to hold the mic - LOL

I spent three days making our traditional Thanksgiving rolls. I like to make them ahead, bake them until they are almost done, let them cool and then freeze them. I take them out and put them in the refrigerator the night before Thanksgiving and then all I need to do is heat and brown them. Thank the Lord for a bread machine.

120 rolls, think that is enough?

Friday was a wonderful night. We had an early dinner with Tressa and Andrew and a pretty good Mexican restaurant in Magnolia. It was so good to see them. We did see them a couple of days before, I was able to use Andrew's turkey coupon at HEB and get our turkey, but I needed them to keep it in their freezer. It is almost 24 pounds and there was no way it would have fit in our freezer. Especially with all those rolls. Many thanks to Andrew and Tressa for the turkey coupon.

Myself, Tressa, Andrew and hubby.

After dinner, we drove to Bellville, Texas to watch Tim play bass for the Night of Worship. It was a cold night, and it was raining off and on, but we didn't melt. The band was really good and if you are in the area, they will have a Christmas program concert December 9th. They start the music at 7:30pm, but there are food trucks and wonderful people to talk with if you want to get there early. We brought our own chairs and that was good, they were dry when we sat down on them. 

Tim is the third one from the left. 

On our way home, we stopped to purchase some water and I noticed a sign in front of a bank. I never realized or even thought about this, but Montgomery is the birthplace to the Texas flag. Montgomery is one of the oldest towns in Texas. It was established in 1837 with mostly farming communities. 

You can't really see what is at the bottom, but it is the year 1837.

Montgomery began as a trading post in 1826. Montgomery was the first count seat of Montgomery County and was the third county formed under the Republic of Texas. It is located at the junction of Texas 105 and FM 149, near the southwestern edge of Sam Houston National Forest in western Montgomery County. The center of town is 15 miles west of Conroe and 50 miles northwest of Houston. Prior to being established in 1837, Montgomery had been known as Lake Creek Settlement. In the early days of Montgomery, it was a trade center for farming and where stagecoach and telegraph lines crossed.

Fun fact: The Texas Flag Code assigns the follow symbolism to the colors of the Texas flag: blue stand for loyalty, white for purity and red for bravery. The code also states that the single star "represent all of Texas and stands for our unity as one for God, State, and Country. 

"A flag once raised will never fall." Mehmet Emin Resulzaed

"Keeping it real" I am excited for this week. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I do love Christmas, but Thanksgiving holds a special place in my heart. I have almost always had it in our home and love having family and friends over to eat and enjoy. I also love fall, the colors, the change in weather and sitting around the table having everyone share what they are thankful for. 

May you and yours have a most amazing Thanksgiving and truly find the joy of the Lord being thankful that He sacrificed His one and only Son for us that we may live in heaven one day with Him.

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!

 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.

God, the RV & me... 



 


























 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks