Thanksgiving!!

 We hope that you and your loved ones had a very Happy Thanksgiving!! We rented a cabin and Tim spent two nights; Tressa and Andrew spent one night. It was amazing to have a large enough oven to cook a turkey and not to brag, but I thought it was one of the best turkeys I have ever baked. Sorry, no pictures of it. Stef, Scott and Baine joined us for Thanksgiving as well. Sorry, no pictures of them either. Tim brought some games and we played, that was fun. I do believe everyone had a great time and it was so nice to be with family.

I had to get some flowers, they were calling my name. 
So pretty and looks like fall.

The cabin. It had a full kitchen, two bedrooms, 
living/dinning room and a bathroom.

Hubby and Tim

Tressa and I

Tim and I

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. 
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth." Psalm 127:3-4 (NASB)
"In time of test, family is best." Burmese Proverb

Tressa and Andrew

We had a lot of rain over the past week. That made it hard to sit outside like we planned, so thankful for the cabin, eight people would have been hard to have in the RV. This year I bought desserts, but made the turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing and of course the rolls. Stef made the green bean casserole, which is always a hit.

Hubby and I were watching TV and I turned around and saw an amazing rainbow. Like I said, we had a lot of rain, off and on. 

I love that you can see both sides, just the top is covered by the clouds.

On the blog last week, I shared that we went to Bellville, TX to watch Tim and his friends play for a night of worship. The town was named for Thomas B. Bell, one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred, who came to Texas in 1822 and built a residence in the Bellville vicinity. in 1838. In 1846 voters decided to replace San Felipe as county seat with a new community near the geographic center of the county, Bellville. Mr. D. Charles Amthor platted the town to center around the Courthouse and town square. Churches, a log cabin and a wooden courthouse were the first public structures in town. The first hotel opened in 1849. Most of the residents were farmers, and the town grew slowly until the coming of the Santa Fe Railroad in 1880. The courthouse square remains as it was laid out in 1846 and many of the historic buildings have now been transformed into a collection of unusual and unique shops and businesses. 

1888 Austin county courthouse

Fun fact: The title Old 300 refers to the settlers who received land grants as part of Stephen F. Austin's first colonial contract in Mexican Texas. These families had come from the Trans-Appalachian South and were virtually all of British ancestry, many of whom already had substantial means before their arrival. The actual number of grantees, excluding Austin's personal grant, totaled 297, but the Old 300 name has stuck, nonetheless.
 
"Keeping it real" I stepped on the scale of few days ago and did not like the results. I have been eating whatever I have wanted, and the scale told the truth. I need to get back into my routine of walking and eating mostly vegan, but in all honesty, it will have to wait until the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and gravy is gone. The rolls can go to hubby, well, maybe not all of them.
 
If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...













  























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks