Christmas in Brookshire, Texas

Merry Christmas!!!! Hope you are having a most excellent time with family and friends. Tressa, Andrew, Tim, Stef, Baine and Scott are celebrating with us. Before I get into that, let me share a little about the past week. Tuesday, I was able to catch up with Beth and Sue for lunch. And yes, it was a Mexican restaurant. Thursday was lunch with Lisa and Judy from Rear Life Tomball, but sorry to say, not a Mexican restaurant, which was fine, because we went to Chili’s, and I haven't been there for a long time. Friday, we met up with some amazing people. Tim and their daughter went to Junior High and High School together. Tim stayed with them to finish out his Senior year when we moved to Hockley. So sorry, no pictures.

So, we went to Christmas Eve service on Saturday, and it was special. It was fun, serious and glorifying to the Lord. One of my favorite Christmas items to collect are Nativity scenes. There is a place here in Brookshire, Brookwood, that has a community for adults with disabilities. They live there, work there, thrive there and have the most amazing art. 

Here are some of the Nativity's I have collected from Brookwood.

Christmas is such a special time, and I am so thankful that we are in this area with 2 out of 3 kids. We will be with the other child and grandchildren in April - can't wait! 

What does Christmas mean to you? How do you celebrate? Being that hubby is Hispanic, we have tamales, enchiladas, rice, beans, guacamole and chips for dinner. I so enjoy making this meal for my family. Enjoying eating together, talking, playing games and having football or Christmas movies in the background.

To me Christmas isn't just about family, but about Immanuel, God with us. "Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which translated means "God with us." Matthew 1:23 (NASB).

God sent His Son to redeem us.

"Keeping it real" this year everyone will have a bag which contains all their gifts, I didn't wrap anything. That was very freeing. After breakfast, we will open gifts, which means, we will take turns and I will have everyone close their eyes, reach into their bags and grab a gift. I think it will be so much fun. Hope so, anyway.
 
"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." Linus The Peanuts.

Praise be to God in the highest!

Praying that you and your family have the most amazing Christmas and that it will not only be for today, but for evermore. If you received a Christmas card this year, count your blessings, you are loved. Fun fact: Queen Victoria was the first official person to send a Christmas card, but the first commercial card came in 1843 when Sir Henry Cole produced 1000 and sold them for one shilling each. There are currently only 12 of these cards left in the world with one going up for auction a couple of years ago for almost $32,000. 

May God bless you and keep you and yours in 2023! Please know that you are loved!

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me... 








 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks