Ducks, do I have to love them?

So, before church last Sunday, I took a cute picture of some ducks and then when we came back from church, I wanted to have those ducks for dinner. They tore up my plant. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but that plant had been out for two weeks, and they never touched it. It is a Chicks and Hens and hopefully will come back. It is sad, because my mother-in-law gave it to me, and I have had that plant for years. She passed away in 2016 and I wanted to bring that plant with us on the road. Fun fact: the plant can grow up to 6 inches tall and 20 inches broad, it is a rosette-forming succulent evergreen perennial, spreading by offsets (in botany and horticulture, an offset is a small, virtually complete daughter plant that has been naturally and asexually produced on the mother plant).


Cute ducks!

Bad ducks!!

Last week was busy for me in a good way. The bad part was that I didn't take very many pictures. I was able to meet up with Fonda on Wednesday, Beth on Thursday and Jean on Friday for lunch. All places we met for lunch were Mexican food restaurants.  "Keeping it real" that certainly worked for me, if I could I would eat Mexican food every day, probably for every meal. 
 
When we stay at an RV park for a while, we will have packages and our mail sent there. I have been doing Christmas shopping and went to the office to pick up packages. Along the way, I saw some turtles. So cute!

They are on a log in the pond.

Got these two before they jumped into the water.

The RV Park where we stayed is close to Lake Conroe. Lake Conroe is on the west fork of the San Jacinto River. It was built as a joint project of the City of Houston, the Texas Water Development Board, and the San Jacinto River Authority in 1973. The lake is man-made by flooding 21,000 acres of East Texas piney woods. It is just west of Interstate 45 off State Highway 105 in Montgomery and Walker counties. It is very popular for boating, jet-skiing and fishing. The lakeside area has flourished with restaurants, marinas and subdivisions interwoven with golf courses.

Aerial view of Lake Conroe. "The idea is that flowing water 
never goes stale, so just keep on flowing." Bruce Lee

Very beautiful sunset, not taken by me. "They who dwell in the ends of the 
earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and 
the sunset shout for joy." Palm 65:8 (NASB)

Saturday, we arrived in Brookshire at the Houston West RV resort. I will share more about that with you next time. Thank you for joining us on our journey!

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me... 




 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks