Family, Friends and a lot of Food

After praying last week over my word for the year, the Lord gave me the word "Hope". I was watching a BibleProject video and that helped me come up with my word for 2023. The word hope has three names in the Bible. Two are in the Old Testament and are Hebrew words. The first is Yakhal which means "to wait for" just like Noah had to wait for the water to reseed after the flood. The second is Quvah which means "to wait". This word is like when cords are being pulled and stretched and tension is applied. Also, like a farmer who plants seeds and must wait for the crops to come in. In the New Testament the Greek word is Elpis, which is a person, Jesus, is that person. Jesus' resurrection brings us hope that we can be reborn to become new. The verse I am using this year is "Yet those who wait (Yakhal) for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will not run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:31 (NASB).


Us at Noah's ark

"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." Audrey Hepburn.

"While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said the them, "Why do you seek the living One among the dead?"" Luke 24:4-5 (NASB)

So, last week was filled with meeting up and seeing as many people as we could before we left town. Unfortunately, I didn't remember to get pictures with everyone. "Keeping it real" I have a harder time remembering to take pictures when we are just all-around eating and talking. When we sightsee, I know I am going to take pictures, I get lost in the moment of enjoying other people’s company and the whole take a picture flies out of my brain. 
 
Monday, we had Kristen, Liam (her son), Bridget (her mom) and Bryan (her dad) over for hot dogs and hamburgers. I wanted hubby to grill them, but the Lord had other ideas and it rained. So, I just made them inside. It was nice to know that we could have six people eating in our living room.
 
Monday night, we met up with Tim, Christian, Brandy, and Emerson. That was a fun evening, and it is wonderful to keep up with Tim's friends.

Hubby, Brandy, myself, Christian, Emerson and Tim.
Hubby remembered that we needed a picture. 

Tuesday night, we met up with Joe and Peggy Sousa for dinner. We know them from church. It was lovely having time to talk about all sorts of things.
 
Wednesday night, we met up with Tim, Cameron and Hannah. Tim's roommates. It was also another wonderful dinner, and it is so much fun to catch up with them.

 


Tim, Cameron, Hannah, myself and hubby.

Thursday, we finally finished up Christmas when we met up with Ashley, Colton and Mason. When Colton was around three, they moved in with us for a while. It was great having them with us. Colton is now in seventh grade. Where does the time go?

Hubby, Colton, Ashely, Mason and me.
Hubby remembered to have us take this picture as well.

So, what does Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday have in common? We ate at a Mexican restaurant. It was three different Mexican restaurants, but believe it or not, I have had my fill. 
 
Fonda and I get together Friday for lunch and we both agreed to go to a restaurant that wasn't Mexican. Well, guess what I ordered, you guessed it, Mexican food. I had a taco salad and tortilla soup. 
 
Friday night, we got together with Derrick and Angela McNeil at Willy's Icehouse. It was a fun evening and once again had a great time. Fun fact: the Lord has called Derrick to pastor a church. They are starting off with having a Small Group in their home and it will grow from there. I am so excited to see what the Lord is going to do. 

Moon driving to meet for dinner.

Derrick, Angela, myself and hubby.

So, my mom is living in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and likes to feed the deer. On Tuesday, my brother and family went over to play cards, they called my mom and said that a moose was eating the deer food on her driveway, so they stayed in the car until the moose left. The next morning, the moose was on her deck wanting some more food. My Mom got some carrots and sort of threw them out the door, not knowing if the moose would charge her. The moose continued  to another part of her deck and then finally at her back door. She gave her more carrots at the back door and the moose ate them out of her hands. The moose also allowed my Mom to pet her nose. Well, I guess the moose became hungry again and came back for more. This time mom was able to take pictures. My Mom, aka Dr. Dolittle.

Hey, lady, where are my carrots??

Saturday, we left for Corpus Christi and will be there a week. We both have dentist appointments, but please pray for me. I will be having surgery; I need to have some more gum added and I am nervous. When I was younger, I had a lot of different surgeries, and I am over being put under and all of that. I think I have worked through this, and poor hubby has had to put up with my fears, but I will place my Elpis in my Savior. Can't wait to show you Corpus Christi.
 
If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me... 

 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks