The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

First off, I want to thank you for your prayers and support! I had my surgery last Wednesday and wasn't nervous. I told the Dr that I wasn't good with needles and God surprised me, He is good! "Then the Lord passed by in front of him (Moses) and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth;'" Exodus 34:6 (NASB). I didn't have to have an IV, just some crushed up pills under my tongue and nitrous oxide. The surgery went well, and the Dr was pleased. Fun fact: nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas, nitrous, or nos, is a chemical compound, an oxide of nitrogen with the formula N20. At room temperature it is a colorless non-flammable gas and has a slightly sweet scent and taste. I was able to place my Elpis in my Savior and that is a lessoned learned, perfect love casts out all fear and my God is love. 

Corpus Christi General and Implant Dentistry office. Dr. J. Michael Elizondo DDS
 and Dr. Jeffery Lozano DDS are the dentists here. They do amazing work.

Secondly, I will share our week with you starting with Sunday. With sad heart, I must say, Corpus Christi didn't show the Texans or the 49ers, so we sought out a place where we could watch. We went over to Padre Island and watched over 6 hours of football in one place. It wasn't that bad, not as comfortable as if we were at home. The best news was the 49ers won as well as the Texans, but now the Texans will second pick for next seasons draft, so that is bad for them. I am very proud of how they ended the season and I believe Lovie Smith has been a great coach for this team. I have admired this man for many years. Can't wait to see what he will do next year! 

Our site for the week.
Being born and raised in California, this was my family's team, 
I still enjoy watching them.


Living in Texas for over 34 years, this is my team. 


Lovie Smith

Monday was a catch-up day, laundry, grocery shopping, that sort of thing. Also the first time we had eaten in the rig for a long time.

 

Tuesday was fun. We met up with Albert's side of the family! We have been able to see them more since we have been full time and it has been great. Not only did we eat at one of our favorite places, The Railroad Station, but we were able to celebrate Aimee, our niece's birthday. I believe this was the first time we were with her on her birthday. What a wonderful evening. So, let me break it down as far as family dynamics. Luis Salinas is our brother-in-law. He was married to Albert's sister Margie who passed away on November 3, 2020. Natalie Salinas Jackson, Luis' daughter and her husband, Ben Jackson. Aimee Lozano De La Garza is a daughter to one of Albert's older brother, Fred, Aimee’s husband Ernie and their adorable children Bella, Mia and Drew were all in attendance. We had the adults sit closer together so we could catch up. Good food and great family time.


As you can tell, we cleaned our plates and  
took home a couple of doggie bags. 

Now for Wednesday, we left the rig around 7:40am so my surgery could begin around 8:00. I found out I didn't have to have an IV and was ecstatic and the procedure began. We arrived back home around 11:30 and I really don't remember too much of the day. I do remember eating my yogurt and hubby making me a protein shake, also that Dr. Elizondo called to check up on me. I shared with him that I was in some pain and had a bruise starting on the outside of my face. He knew about the one inside and wasn't too surprised about the one of the outside. I guess I bled more than others, but not as much as other patience he has had before. "Keeping it real" here is my ugly part of the blog. I woke up Thursday to this amazing face.

Stayed in bed the entire day, I was tired.

And on Friday, it was even more colorful. I do bruise easily, and this bad boy is going to take some time before my face is back to normal. Remember when I fell in Wisconsin? Those bruises took over a month, but they were on my legs, now I have a feeling people are going to wonder how these bruises happened.

"Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collection 
the scars to prove we showed up for it." Anonymous

Saturday, we went out to dinner with Aimee and her family. The Cheesecake Factory open in Corpus Christi and Aimee was excited to go. Well, when we got there it was going to be a 3 hour wait. So, Texas Longhorn Steakhouse was the ticket!! I did send her Friday's picture of me, so that she could prepare the kids for my bruised face. We had a great time and it was truly a blessing to see them twice. Can't wait to see them again!

Drew, Bella, Ernie, Mia, hubby, Aimee and me. 
We had a great time!!!

A little history on Padre Island. Padre Island is the largest of the Texas barrier islands and the world's longest barrier island. The island is located along Texas' southern coast of the Gulf of Mexico and is noted for its white sandy beaches. Meaning father in Spanish, it was named after Father José Nicolás Ballí (c. 1770-1829), who owned the island and served as a missionary priest and collector of finances for all the churches in the Rio Grande Valley. He also founded the first mission in present-day Cameron County. Padre Island is the second-largest island by area in the contiguous United States, after Long Island in New York on the Atlantic Coast. It is about 112 miles long and 1.8 miles wide, stretching from the City of Corpus Christi, in the north, and to the resort community of South Padre Island in the south. 

The first European settlement on the island was established around 1804, 

when Padre José Nicolás Ballí founded a ranch named Santa Cruz De Buena Vista

This ranch was located about 26 miles north of Padre Island southernmost tip. 


Statue of Padre José Nicolás Ballí. Located on South Padre Island. Historical Marker 
on base reads: "Padre Island, off the South Texas coast, is named for Padre 
José Nicolás Ballí (1770-1829), whose family migrated from Spain in 1569 and
 became larger landowners in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. In 1800 Ballí 
applied to King Charles IV of Spain for 11 1/2 leagues of land on the island 
and started its first settlement 1804. Padre Ballí's ministry was a great 
influence on the lives of early South Texas Settles. 

We headed out today for Kingsville, Texas, where hubby was born. It will be a wonderful two weeks to see more family and friends.

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me... 
















 









 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks