A Very Merry Christmas

What can I say, last week was wild, awesome, crazy, fun, a lot of food, eating out, presents and that all added up to one tired Grandma. So, this blog will be a little different. Hope you don't mind. 

We were blessed to be able to take up an entire row at church for Christmas Eve. It was fun to watch Tim on stage and poor guy, he had to stay on stage the entire time. A couple of people fell asleep, but we won't hold that against them. Love my family!

It was a candle lit Christmas service. Don't worry, I picked up 
the battery operated candles for the grandsons.

Last Monday was Christmas and I was able to put together the breakfast casseroles Christmas Eve at Tim's and we made two trips for supplies and presents. Andrew had to work, so we watched the boys open their gifts in the morning and the adults opened their gifts when Andrew arrived. It was a fun day and Tim was a great host.

This year we didn't take a group photo, so sad. Here is part of the gang. 
Cody, Chase, Tressa and Jeff.

Tuesday, we had a blast at Main Event. We celebrated Cody who is now officially a teenager. Poor Tara! How can I be a grandma of two teenagers??

Cody had a blast. The milk shake is his Birthday Cake. 

So, before we celebrated his party, hubby and I went to breakfast. I guess everyone needs a break after Christmas.

Santa likes Mexican food like me!

I really enjoyed Jelly Stone RV Park, except for the flies. I can't tell you how many we killed a day, it was crazy. We are currently in Iraan and I believe I killed the last fly yesterday. Boy, do I hope so.

Here it is just taunting me.

Wednesday, Tara and family, plus Stefanie and Blaine came over for dinner. It was so much fun and not too cold to eat outside. Hubby fixed hamburgers and hot dogs and the boys had fun playing. We picked Charley up early and took him to the store and then brought him to the RV park. He so wanted to play basketball. He had a great time even though he was alone. After I got a few things done, I went out to watch him. He has turned into a pretty good player. I admire his determination to practice and shoot the ball over and over again.

I tried to get a video, but it just didn't work out. 

Thursday, a good day and a sad day. We met up with Tara and family at Jack in the Box for breakfast. We were able to celebrate Cody's actual birthday. Then the sadness, we had to leave. We made our way to Fredericksburg for one night and then Friday made it to Iraan. 

Down the left side Hubby, Cody, Jeff, and myself. Up the right side, Cameron, Tara, Chase and Charley.

This is an amazing place. It has a winery, brewery, distillery and an RV park. 

We went inside for dinner. Great food as well.

Love sunsets in Texas. I recommend this RV park!

Had a nice drive to Iraan and are excited to stay until the end of February. We will be doing some work around the place. Also, my dad, Connie, Robert, Stefanie and Baine will be here in January at some point. Please help me remember to take pictures. 

Saw this on the way to Iraan! Made me smile.

Hubby took a nice picture. 

God is just so creative. I do believe I will be taking more cloud pictures while we are here.

Today, hmmmm what can I say? The Texans and 49ers will be playing at the same time, that almost makes my head hurt. I will be rooting them both one. At least they aren't playing each other, don't know what I would do if that happened.

"Keep yourself in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life." Jude 1:21 (NASB).

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks