Fun times with Family and Friends

Last Sunday, we made it to The Met for church allowing us the ability to see Pastor Matt for the last time as The Met's Senior Pastor on stage. 

The stage for the last time with Matt.

The logo.

It was sad and amazing. It is so inspiring to me when believers follow the Lord's call. It was hard for me to sell just about everything, leave the comfort of the family and friends in the area and start this RV journey. Unsure of where the Lord was leading us, but He is so sweet and so faithful. I know He will be the same for Matt and Jennifer on the beginning of their new adventure. It is not always easy, but the feeling that God gives is indescribable. I took a picture, but it wasn't good. The stage lights were too bright, and everyone turned out looking like a ghost. I tried to find other picture that I could take (steal) from other church members but couldn't find any. 

Monday, this day we ran errands, and I was able to do some laundry. That is always nice. Tuesday, I was able to visit my Small Group. They are such beautiful women of the Lord. I love them. It is so nice while being on the road that I have prayer support. My Small Group, Fonda, Robin, hubby and my mom are my go-to's. I was able to let them know that the years, months, weeks, and days that they have been in prayer with me have yielded blessing. Mom walked out of the hospital in 2022 after being told she was on her death bed, Tim has his dream job, Tressa has less pain and can live and love life, and numerous of others have been healed and given great health reports. "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NASB).

Top row: Kay, Ana and Colleen. Bottom row: Tori, Michelle, Jill and myself.

Tuesday night we were able to connect with Chris and Chrissy Bullard. It was great seeing them. They are back in the Houston area after a few years in the Denver area. It was so much fun; we were able to see them in 2021 at the church where the Lord led them and now God has called them back. We will see them today as Chris is preaching. So excited!

Hubby, Chis, myself and Chrissy.

Wednesday, I made a sleeping sacrifice for a blessed Christmas party. The Met Women's Christmas party was amazing! We had a great time, the food was great, had fun games and door prizes and a wonderful speaker. Taylor from KSBJ (a local Christian radio station) spoke. Catherine and the gang put together a truly blessed day. My heart was full. I was also able to talk with some of my former co-workers. That was a blast as well.

Thank you, lovely ladies for serving us at the party.

That was a great talk given by Taylor.

Wednesday evening, hubby took me to Robin's while she hosted a fantastic Christmas party. I knew about four out of eighteen wonderful women; it was a great night to hang out and have fun. Robin is a great hostess, that is for sure.

Jill, myself and Jackie.

Myself and Robin.

Thursday, I met up with Fonda at Toasted Yolk for Brunch. Fun fact: the meal originated in the British hunt breakfast. The word brunch is a portmanteau (a word blending the sounds and combining the meanings of two others) of breakfast and lunch. Brunch began in England in the late 19th century, and became popular in the United States in the 1930's. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. I have a hard time remembering when I forget to do it first thing. We had a great time and "keeping it real" had an open and honest talk about the fact that next year we will both be turning 60. Also, something just popped into my head, Fonda, as well as Robin and I have known each other for over half our lives. How does that happen? Love it!!
 
Friday, I did a new thing, I opened an Amazon locker and got some gifts out. It was cool. They don't allow packages to be dropped off here at the RV park, so hubby found a locker that was close. We also ran errands, picked up hubby's work computer from Tim (our new post office), dropped off turkey soup for Tressa and had dinner with George and Jennifer Richardson. It has been a long time since we have seen them, and it was great to catch up. George and I worked together at The Met. It was so good seeing them again.

Hubby, myself, Jennifer and George.

Saturday was supposed to be a rainy day, even though we started off with no rain, we weren't sure how the day was going to go, s0 we focused on getting caught up on some projects. So that was good. While looking at the radar on my phone, I noticed a small community named Pine Island and wanted to find out some information. So, here is a little history on Pine Island. Pine Island is near Farm Road 359 a mile south of U.S. Highway 290 and the Southern Pacific Railroad five miles southeast of Hempstead. It was formed by the 1880's, when Pine Island Baptist Church began. A school was in operation by 1893; in 1896 seventy-eight children attended classes. The school was then consolidated with the Waller Independent School District in 1928. The church was the main focus for community activity. By 1979 Pine Island population had grown to 200 and the community incorporated in 1980. In 1988 the community had two small factories. According to the 2020 census, the population has grown to 1161. 

Historical marker for Pine Island Baptist church. It was named 
for a small grove of pine trees nearby. "If you find a perfect church don't join it: You'd spoil it." Billy Graham.

I was going to make turkey spaghetti today, but it didn't rain. So we went to the storage unit to move some things around and then had lunch with Tim. Still no rain, but boy were the clouds showing off. I was able to get two pictures and hubby got one at the RV Park. God is so creative, I just love Him.

I love seeing the rays through the clouds.

Supposed to get a cold front, Sunday will be chilly for church.

Hubby's picture that he took while on his walk. He was good, I was, hmmmmmm, not.

Today is going to be busy. We will attend CyLife church and catch up with the friends we have missed seeing, go out to Jim and Fonda's and hubby will record the 49er game for me. At 4:00pm we have our Book Club Christmas party. I had a great week, I hope that you had a great week as well.

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...

 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks