The Past Two Weeks

I'm back, so sorry about missing a post last week, this week I made sure to get one ready for you. This is officially my 181-blog post and I appreciate you joining in for the journey. We have been busy here in Iraan. We go into town almost every day just to dump trash, we also have driven to Fort Stockton, Ozona and Big Lake. Let me first put up some pictures from January 14th through the 20th. It was full of family, and it was frozen.


Here is the family for our January Christmas. In the back are Stef, Robert, Connie and hubby. 
In the front are my dad and Baine. Can you see Baine?

Little icicles hanging off the cover.

There is an icicle on the truck tire.

Frozen winter wonderland.

It was chilly out there, that is for sure, but we enjoyed being together and celebrating with each other. What a difference a week makes. It has thawed out and we are reaching nearly 70 degrees. As I am writing this it is currently 64 and should hit 67. Some days it seems as though I have to wear two different shirts a long sleeve and a short sleeve. I do enjoy being out here and the sky is just so amazing.

When we went to dump trash. I just love the clouds out here.

The other view from the picnic area (that is where we dump trash).

Hubby took this picture, see the moon?

Hubby also took this picture.

This past week after dinner, Dad, Connie, hubby and I have watched movies. Monday and Tuesday we watched movies on the tv and then I brought movies over for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. It started out being on Monday and Tuesday with "The Equalizer 1 and 2" starting Denzel Washington.

Denzel compliments of Movie Data.

So, on Wednesday and Thursday, I followed through with two more of his movies. "The Bone Collector" and "Out of Time". 

He and Angelina Jolie starred in this movie.

Friday, I switched it up by bringing over "Young Frankenstein" staring Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Cloris Leachman, Marty Feldman, Teri Garr and Madeline Kahn. Gene passed away in 2016, Peter in 2006, Cloris in 2021, Marty in 1982, Madeline in 1999, but Teri is still with us. Although she is suffering from MS though. Prayers for her.

I think it is a very funny movie.

Saturday, hubby and I went back to Fort Stockton to look for decking materials. We went to McCoys because we wanted to find Trex Deck because with the weather out here, the wooden decks can crack and curl.

This is what I am talking about.

Fort Lancaster sent 1st Infantry Co. H "to take post" along Comanche Springs on 12 April 1859. Fort Stockton (named Camp Stockton until 1860) grew up around Comanche Springs, one of the largest sources of spring water in Texas. 


Comanche Springs.


The fort was named for Robert F. Stockton. 
Comanche Springs was a favorite rest stop on the Great Comanche Trail to Chihuahua, San Antonio- El Paso Road, and the Butterfiend Overland Mail route. 


Robert F. Stockton.


On October 2, 1859, the well-known journalist and author (and future Union spy) Albert D. Richardson 
passed through Camp Stockton, which he described as "a military post of three or four edifices (large or massive structure) with pearly, misty mountains in the background."


Albert D. Richardson 1833-1869

The Confederates took possession of the fort on 9 May at the outbreak of the Civil War, but soon turned command over to Capt. William C. Adams (with Confederate States Army). With the failure of John Baylor's invasion of New Mexico, a general Confederate evacuation of West Texas occurred in 1862.


William C. Adams - August 16, 1817 – September 9, 1878

San Antonio entrepreneurs were convinced the water from the nearby Comanche and Leon Springs could be used for irrigation. They purchased large tracts of land for agricultural development. In 1868, Peter Gallagher bought the land that included the military garrison and Comanche Springs, platted 160 acres for a town site named Saint Gaul, and established two stores at Comanche Springs. Later, Gallagher and John James purchased 5,500 acres along Comanche Creek. By 1870, the Saint Gaul region had a population of 420 civilians, predominantly Irish, German, and Mexican Catholics who had come by way of San Antonio. The first church in Saint Gaul was Catholic. When Pecos County was organized in 1875, Saint Gaul became the county seat. Fun fact: the name, however, was never popular with the citizens, and on August 13, 1881, it was changed officially to Fort Stockton.


I like this Roadrunner statue. "Advice from a Roadrunner: Be quick, Full speed ahead, 
Hit the ground running, Get off the beaten track, Kick up some dust!"

Part of the fort.

"Keeping it real," I needed to get a new pair of jeans, but I was nervous about trying them on. It would be ok if I kept the same size, but didn't want to go up a size.

Hubby took this video for me, for the past couple of days, this bird has been obsessed with the tiki torch fluid bottle. Not sure what is going on here, but thought it was funny and wanted to share.

Silly little bird!

Hubby also got a picture of three deer hanging out by the RV. Guess they are ok with the RV being out here.

They look a lot like the grass does during winter.
"The Lord God is my strength (my source of courage, my invincible army). He has made my 
feet (steady and sure) like hinds' feet and makes me walk (forward with spiritual confidence) 
on my high places (of challenge and responsibility). For the choir director, on my stringed instruments". 
Habakkuk 3:19 (AMP).

Today, will be another nervous day as the 49ers play the late game. I will watch the Chiefs and Ravens play and my hope is that the Ravens will win, not sure about you, but I am a little tired of all the focus on Taylor Swift. Ultimately, I would love to see the 49ers in the Super Bowl!

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...











 




  



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love