Fun times in Idaho

 The past week went by in a flash. It was a great time and we so enjoyed ourselves. I do believe we played cards every day, except Saturday. That was moving day. What was cool is that I was able to watch Deputy Sheriffs train their new dog. I got a pretty good video of it, but I can't seem to load videos on here. Sorry, you will have to settle for a picture.

I wouldn't want to be the one who had to be attacked by the dog.

Wednesday, Mom, Hilda and I visited a Lavender farm. It was pretty cool and smelled wonderful. The young lady who was there was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all our questions. Hilda went home with two fresh cut bundles. One to dry and one to keep in a vase. Fun fact: I didn't realize there were four colors of lavender. I knew about purple only. There are also white, pink and blue colors of lavender. 

Gift Shop

This is used to distill the lavender for essential oils.

Lavender drying.

White and purple lavender. 

French lavender.

Well, since it was Wednesday, hubby and I went back to the Farmer's Market. No produce this time but found some really cute towels. Got some for my mom and myself. "Naughty chickens lay deviled eggs" was one of the sayings for my mom. Of course, I had to take a photo with hubby, one day we will be like them.


In front of the Coeur d'Alene library.

Hunter, Steve and Hilda's son, went to camp this past week and met a surprise on his way to be picked up. His brother, Luke, who is in the Navy, was transferred to Lemoore NAS, and was able to pick him up and spend some time with him. They haven't seen each other in over a year. Luke was recently stationed in South Korea. 

Hunter and Luke

Thursday, we gathered together at Steve and Hilda's for dinner. She made an amazing lasagna and we had a great time. The boys went fishing, so the girls played cards. Hubby wasn't able to catch anything, but Steve did.

He caught a pike.

Beautiful sunset and Jhonson waiting for his turn to fish.

Friday, we met up at Steve's, played cards and then went out to dinner. It was fun and sad to know that we were leaving the next day. Fortunately, we will see mom and Dave in Orofino. We are making plans with Steve and Hilda to see if they can meet us in Las Vegas. My sister, Stefanie, dad, Connie and Connie's son, Robert will be there as well. What a crazy time it could be with so many Stoll's around.

As you are reading this, we are currently in Orofino, Idaho. Baby, it is HOT! Wanted to do a fish fry tomorrow when mom and Dave arrive, but I don't think so. It will cool down later this week and then we can have our fish fry.

Our site for the week!

"Now on the last day, of the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.' " John 7:37-38 (NASB)

"Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment in life." Author unknown.

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.


God, the RV & me...

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks