Happy New Year!!!

 I can't believe this year is over! To me, it went by way to quickly!! I pray that you and yours will have a most excellent 2023. "The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17. Praying that the Lord will reveal Himself to you this year in a powerful and mighty way.

This past week was very busy, in a good way!! We started on Monday by having Christmas with the Goode's! It is always a GREAT time!! Fun, lots of laughs and amazing food! We are so blessed to have them in our lives. Over 30 years of blessings!

Top row: Jim and hubby. Bottom row: Fonda, Grandma June and myself.

Tuesday, we did Christmas with Paige and family. It was so cute when Caitlyn realized she had Christmas presents. She did a great job eating her dinner so she could open them. Of course, I forgot to take pictures.

Wednesday, we went to lunch with my sister, Stefanie, and then to a get together in Fulshear, Texas. Our neighbors from Katy, Texas moved out there and we were able to have amazing food with three of the couples.

Hubby, myself and Stef

Cindy and Bob Saunders, myself and hubby, Ron Hayden, Perry 
and Melissa Hill and missing is Jinx Hayden (she took the picture).

Thursday, I met up with a truly wonderful lady and one of my best friends. Robin. We have also been friends for over 30 years. We ate at Lupe Tortillas (one of my favorite Mexican restaurants) and talked and shared nachos for over two hours. Time flew by and I couldn't believe it had been over two hours. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed myself. Saturday, she and some friends left for a New Year's Eve cruise. So excited for them.

Robin and I April 20, 2016 in Mexico (I forgot 
to take a picture while we were together at lunch).

We had cold weather right before Christmas, but the week after has been nice. A couple of days it was humid, but hey, that's Houston.

Clouds in Brookshire.

Friday, we ran some errands and then went over to eat dinner with people that we have known since our son, Tim, was in Junior High. It was so nice having dinner with them. We ate at their house, so we were able to sit and talk. It is so wonderful when you get together with others and it doesn't feel like time has separated you. We are blessed to have all those people in our lives. Sorry, again, no picture.

So, I like to make chocolate covered peanuts, almonds, pretzels and strawberries. When we lived in Katy, not only did we make Christmas plates for hubby's co-workers, but also our neighbors. It was so much fun to pass the plates out with our Christmas card. I was making chocolate covered peanuts to take to the Jernberg's on Friday night and hubby had a jar of pretzels with peanut butter in them, so I thought I would make one for him to try. He liked it. So, on Saturday, I made some. They take a little longer than peanuts because I have to take them out one at a time, but hubby is worth it! "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." Charles M. Schulz.

Before

After - a little messy, sorry.

I wanted to take this time to let you know how much I appreciate you reading the blog. It means so much and it is so fun to write. We are here until Saturday in Brookshire and then head to Corpus Christi, Texas. We will be in a new (to us) RV Resort. Usually, we stay at the KOA there, but we are shaking things up. Fun fact: Corpus Christi has ten top rated RV Resorts. 

 

"Keeping it real" I have a word for the year each year. Last year it was Light. I wanted to be the light of Jesus to all I encountered, and I hope that I have done that. The end of the year snuck up on me and I don't have a word yet. I am praying that the Lord will reveal His word to me for 2023. I will keep you posted.


If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 

God, the RV & me... 




 



 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks