Waller, Texas part 2

Well, I am excited to share with you that the 49ers and the Texans won! Last Sunday was a great day, although I came in 2nd in the bake-off ("Keeping it real" there were only two desserts for the judges to judge). 

Being born in California, I was raised on the 49ers.

Living in Texas for over 34 years, the Texans have grown on me.

I was sad that I didn't win the bake-off, but I have recovered (sort of). Once the judging was over, some of the kids that were playing outside were asked if they wanted some dessert, I had 6 boys that loved the cake, wish they could have been judges.

Jim, Fonda, and hubby thought it was good. Since I had to make another cake 
for the contest, we left the first cake at the Goode's. Their son, 
Will, and his family came over and enjoyed it as well.

Monday, we ran errands for the week, planned out our meals, I like to do that every Monday. To know what we are going to eat and buy just enough for that; I am not a fan of having to throw out produce, so I try to buy only what we need. It also rained, but that will help with bringing cooler temperatures for the rest of the week

Tuesday, I was able to meet up with a friend for lunch, Beth. We have known each other since 2013, I think. It was so much fun doing ministry with her. I am glad that we have been able to keep in touch, I will be seeing her again while we are in the area.

Wednesday, went into the office, say what? Yes, I am now working part time for the Women's Pregnancy Center. My job title is Social Media Manager, sounds fancy, I know, but I will tell you what, I have had to learn some new things. I think that is good, keeping my brain engaged as in about four months I will turn 60 years old. I meant to get a picture and forgot. I found one online but had to take a picture of the picture. 

This is the building where Women's Pregnancy Center is located.

It was a nice night and hubby found Jupiter for me. Love looking at the sky and God's creation!

Can you see the white spot? That is Jupiter.

Thursday, went in again to the Center, still forgot to take pictures. I tell you what, driving on 290 is no joke, I was worn out for sure. Thursday was also the day that Tressa and Andrew came over for dinner. Hubby put an almost six-pound chuck roast in the smoker, boy was that yummy. I made mashed potatoes, gravy and zucchini. I had made two dozen rolls that morning and took some of the rolls for dinner that night. Right now, in the freezer I have five dozen and seven rolls. Tomorrow I will make two dozen more and probably finish up with nine dozen rolls and seven rolls when it is all said and done. It was so much fun visiting with Tressa and Andrew, wish I would have remembered to take some pictures.

Before it was smoked.

"There is something magical about the combination of smoke, fire, 
and perfectly grilled meat. Anonymous.

Hubby also took videos of Jetstream RV Resort. Click here to watch his video on his YouTube page, it may take a couple of clicks for you to get to the page, working on how to make this process better in the future. 

Friday, after hubby was off from work, we ran some errands in Cypress. Fun fact: According to the Texas State Historical Association, Cypress was named after German immigrants began settling along Cypress Creek in the 1840's. Cypress Creek is known for its cypress trees that grow in its loamy soil.

Found this cool picture from 1895. That was the Cypress Gun and Rifle Club,
 but it burnt down in 1943 and they rebuilt the building and named it Tin Hall.

Tin Hall today.

Friday night we met up with Tim at Location Six in Waller. We heard good reviews and wanted to check out this brewery. We had a great time, and it was fun to be with Tim.

Here is Location Six, hmmmmm do you think there are five more?

Waiting for Tim. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the three of us.

The moon surrounded by clouds.

Saturday, moving day. We loaded up and left for Lake Conroe KOA. If you remember from last year, that is where we were for Thanksgiving, and we loved having the cabin right next to us that we booked it again before we even left last year. 
 
 
Here is our site for the week. See the cabin in the background? 
That is where Thanksgiving will take place. So excited!

Today, the Texans play at noon and the 49ers play at 3:00, I am hoping again for another win for both teams. This will be a busy week for sure, hoping you and your loved ones are able to gather together and count your blessing as Thanksgiving approaches.
 
"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NASB).
 
If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...
 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks