Getting settled in Iraan, Texas

What can I say? I am almost 60 and hubby and I are working at the ranch like we are in our 30's. It is good, but boy we are sore and tired.

It is beautiful and worth it.

So, let me back up to Friday, December 29, 2023, when we arrived at the Ranch, and we had no water. Hubby called the well guy (he has been here a few times over the years) and he came out Saturday morning. The breaker has two connections, and one wasn't working. So, we drove into Midland, got a new breaker and a few other things. We also went to HEB, "keeping it real" Midland is an hour and a half drive. They do have a Sam's Club, so I am thinking about purchasing a FoodSaver and vacuum seal veggies, meat and other things that can be sealed and then putting that in the freezer. 

This is what I am talking about.

Hubby was able to put the breaker in and we had water for a while, but then, it wouldn't keep filling back up. Hubby talked with the well guy again and he was so wonderful, he came out on New Year's Day and was able to fix it with a new box (not sure what all was in that box, but it works now). So excited he didn't have to pull the well up, that would have been more money for sure. We were back in business, and I can't tell you how many loads of laundry I did on Monday.

Drowning, I tell you.

At HEB I bought snacks for the Texan and 49ers, hubby thought it was like Super Bowl time, but I did remind him that it was also New Year's Eve. It was a truly great day as both teams won.

Monday, water well working, laundry, cleaning up the Ranch, we were tired. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were the same, except Wednesday we went back to Midland and picked up a new refrigerator and had to bring it upstairs and into the house. Yes! I am old! I did it, but my knees were saying NOOOOOO! It's all good - glad I can still do things and I am hoping all this activity is helping me lose weight. I did mow for over two hours on Wednesday - push mowing - so I know I got in my steps! 

I can tell you this, the sky out here is amazing! I love it and can't get enough of it! 

The sunset on our way home from Midland.

God is just so beautiful!

Fun fact: Midland is the hub of a 12-county ranching region noted for Hereford cattle. It is also the financial and trade center for the vast Permian Basin, which contains large quantities of oil, natural gas, anhydrite, salt, and potassium. Oil was discovered in the basin in 1923, and three years later the oil industry began moving into Midland. With tens of thousands of producing wells in the basin and hundreds of oil-company offices in the city, it became one of the country’s most important oil centers. Oil distribution, petrochemical industries, and livestock dominate the city’s economy. Midland’s Permian Basin Petroleum Museum traces the history and development of the basin, which was once an ancient sea. The American Airpower Heritage Museum (originally called the Confederate Air Force Museum) houses some 140 World War II-era aircraft, many of which are operational. Midland is also the birthplace of U.S. First Lady, Laura Bush

She is so nice.

Here are some pictures of the Ranch. It is so good to be back, for some reason I love the desert and the sky just really all of it. "Your lovingkindness, O Lord, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies." Psalms 36:5 (NASB).

Hubby making sure the water coming into the RV won't freeze.

Love this man!

We mowed a lot.

One of the alfalfa feeders, looks like deer are enjoying.

Here is a path that the deer have made to come to eat the alfalfa.

I found some hoof prints, it had rained a little on Thursday and 
I am guessing the deer are enjoying the pond.

Here is the pond where the animals come to drink. Hubby has a game camera 
and I am hoping to get some good footage to put on the next blog.

Just love this place!

Saturday, Dad, Connie and Robert got here and hubby smoked a tri-tip and I made twice baked potatoes - so good! Saturday night the Texans played and won! Today the 49ers will play so hoping they will win. "Every day is an opportunity disguised as a challenge." Tiki Barber.

Tiki

Well, today should be interesting with all the family and the football game. I will let you know on the next blog what all happened and who was happy and who was sad. May God bless you and yours this week and this year!

If there is something special you would like me to take a picture of, please let me know!
 
Drop a comment for me and let me know your thoughts on the blog.
 
God, the RV & me...










 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalograss Who Knew?

A Labor of Love

The Past Two Weeks